- INDUSTRIES MOST TRUSTED gemstone tester redesigned to be more compact, sturdy and portable
- THINNEST RETRACTABLE PROBE TIP: Presidium Gem Tester II features the industry’s thinnest (0.6mm) retractable probe tip ensuring constant pressure between probe and gemstone. For testing colored gemstones as small as 0.02 carats. Coated gemstones can also be generally tested with PGT II
- VERSATILE AND RELIABLE: Consistent and reliable results every time. Identifies diamonds/moissanites and most common colored gemstones, both polished and unpolished.
- SIMPLE & EASY TO USE: Clear and easy-to-read analog dial; Can differentiate between 16 types of gemstones with no waiting between tests
- BUILT IN CALIBRATION: A newly redesigned inbuilt calibration reference and adjustment provides ease of operation both indoors and outdoors.
The Presidium Gem Tester II is based on the invention of Professor Julian Goldsmid from the University of New South Wales in Australia. It was developed to distinguish between diamonds and its other simulants using the principles of thermal conductivity.
In its second generation, the Presidium Gem Tester II provides a quick and easy way to identify diamonds/moissanites and separates up to 16 common colored gemstones based on their thermal conductivity with its clear and direct analog display.
It is to be noted that natural and synthetic gemstones have similar physical and optical properties. As such, Presidium Gem Tester II does not distinguish between natural and synthetic gemstones.
The Presidium Gem Tester II features the following: Retractable thermoelectric probe tip that ensures constant pressure between probe tip and gemstone Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.6mm) for testing diamonds as small as 0.02ct Metal alert buzzer to ensure that probe tip is in contact with gemstone during testing Clear and easy-to-read analog dial No waiting time between tests Built-in Calibration (CAL) and Glass test discs for reference Powered by 2 x AA batteries or adaptor
Included in your package: Presidium Gem Tester II Retractable probe pen Built-in Calibration (CAL) and Glass test discs AC adaptor User handbook Warranty card Protective carrying case