- HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO - Play any high-res file natively with the Quad Dual Core Burr-Brown DAC chipset, which means media file formats and information remains unchanged for the truest sound, from MP3 up to studio grade Bit- perfect DSD 512, DXD, PCM 768 as well as MQA (Decoder)
- WiFi STREAMING - All controlled from the palm of your hand via an app, choose a wireless connection to stream your favorite tunes from Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz – the list is endless. Take it up a notch by using a wired Ethernet connection to play from a router or NAS (Network Attached Storage). Or relax with AirPlay to enjoy playback from your iPhone, iPad or Mac
- POWERFUL - Our balanced headphone amp outputs up to 4.2 Watts of power and will drive a wide range of headphones. Connections for 6.3mm (1/4"), 3.5mm TRS, and 4.4mm TRRS balanced
- MUSIC YOUR WAY - Options include the ability to listen in solid-state, tube or tube+. We have also added digital filters to add flavor to your listening, such as the GTO filter, Bit Perfect, Bit Perfect+, Apodising, and Transient Aligned. Remaster any track (excluding MQA) to DSD 512 or DSD 1024. All there for you to customize you listening experience
- MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS - All inputs (including USB) are galvanically isolated and the USB input is self-powered, femto precision clock, S/PDIF Toslink and Digital Coax, BNC, AES XLR, USB A and micro SD TF for external storage
iFi audio is under our parent company, AMR, Abbingdon Music Research, which designs and produces top-end luxurious audio products. AMR saw in 2010 that customer demand for wireless and portable headphones was expanding as the whole audio dynamic was changing. Thus, iFi was launched.
iFi offers small but prodigious personal audio products thanks to the superior knowledge of AMR’s technology. Today, we are proud of our British (and international) roots. We continue to design and produce over 35 different products. We are headquartered in Southport, UK with distribution including retailers such as B&H and etailz with production overseas. We source parts from around the world from manufacturers including AMOS (UK), GE Valves (USA), WIMA (Germany) and TDK (Japan).
Pro iDSD Desktop DAC
There’s no wrong way to enjoy your music as long as you’re enjoying it, so we’ve created the Pro iDSD reference grade DAC and amp combo to be the centerpiece for whatever strikes your mood. In this upgraded version of Pro iDSD we have switched out the 2.5mm output for the 4.4mm, added a little more juice with 4,200 mw for balanced outputs and 1,575 mw for single ended, and upgraded the PBC. When convenience matters, stream from your favorite services like Spotify, Tidal, and Qobuz over WiFi for up to 24 bit / 192 kHz high resolution streaming audio. For the ultimate in hi res audio connect your PC, laptop, tablet, digital audio player, Android, or iPhone (with Apple Camera Connection Kit, not included) to the high speed USB 3.0 input for native playback of all formats, including FLAC, WAV, PCM, DSD and even MQA decoding.
Why do you need a DAC and Amp?
If you have high quality or hi-fidelity headphones you are going to need some power in the form of an amplifier to drive them to their true performance potential. You are also going to need an exceptional external HiFi Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) to process your music files in high resolution to enhance your experience even further. The DACs in a smartphone, computer, tablet or audio player on the market are not designed for processing high quality sound. iFi audio has developed top of the line products to meet the various needs and preferences whether you are an everyday listener or an experienced audiophile.