- UNIVERSAL - Use any moving magnet or moving coil cartridge with this phono stage preamplifier by adjusting clearly labeled switches hidden underneath the chassis and an online compatibility calculator available
- QUIET - Powered by the upgraded iFi iPower X 15V DC power supply, the noise floor drops below 0.1uF and the overload margin is over one and a half times greater than its predecessor
- CUSTOMIZATION - RIAA Equalization circuit guarantees a +/- 0.2dB accuracy of the RIAA EQ from 20Hz – 20kHz, and 5 total EQ curves to suit a record from any era
- INCREDIBLE SOUND - Ultra-wide gain from 36dB to 72dB and incredible 110dB dynamic range delivered through a class A Tube State circuit engineered from four decades of research to get tube like sound from a solid state amplifier
- HIGH TECH - Premium components, like computer matched Burr Brown op-amps and Panasonic ECPU film capacitors, as well as an on-board sub sonic filter bring superior technology that can usually only be found in an ultra-high-end home theater system
The iPhono3 is packed with the latest generation of surface-mounted components. By eliminating multiple joins between parts and lead-out and reducing the size, parasitic behaviour across the board has been drastically reduced over classic leaded parts.
AMR saw in 2010 that hi-fi audio was shifting from home ‘static’ speaker systems to Bluetooth and portable ‘dynamic’ headphone setups To serve this growing market, iFi audio was commissioned with one goal: to produce ‘ultra-fidelity’ audio products that push the sonic performance at the envelope while still priced within the mainstream. It began work on a range of small but prodigious personal audio products using AMR’s trickle-down technology.
Today, iFi designs and manufactures over 35 different products from its headquarters in Southport, UK. It sources parts from around the world from manufacturers including XMOS (UK), GE Valves (USA), WIMA (Germany) and TDK (Japan). It retails through a global network of dealers and has its own distribution in the USA who serves retailers such as B&H and etailz.
Tube-state does not mean to add a lot of synthetic harmonics, but to emulate core features of tube circuits in solid-state. The result is a sound that combines the best features of the tube sound (lack of grain, edginess and naturalness of sound) with the best of modern solid state (low distortion, low noise).
Descending from the AMR PH-77, the iPHONO3 has impressive DNA. A key aspect is the ability to perfectly ‘correct’ the recording as LPs even from different pressing plants can have different a different equalization.