- All impact forces hit the black stainless steel Ironsides Shield instead of the optic. One handed barricade racking, covered. Dropping in a 3Gun match, covered. Abuse of daily carry and other impacts are all routed around your optic and straight to the mounting footprint area
- Our dot sights have a great guarantee. That doesn’t mean you can’t break them. By putting an Ironsides Shield over the optic, you insure it is ready when you need it
- Includes one set of (longer)screws: #6-32 x .393"/ T10. These provide a deeper anchor base for greater shock protection
- The Ironsides Shield is made from blackened 304 stainless steel. This reduces visibility and glare as well as being as close to rust proof as steel gets
- Insurance for those who know their optic
Ironsides Shield is named after the U.S.S. Constitution, famous for such tough construction that enemy cannonballs bounced off her hull during the War of 1812. "Old Ironsides" was built from oak and pine. We upgraded our Ironsides to blackened 304 stainless steel. Slip Ironsides Shield over your Swampfox dot sight and install using the supplied extra-length screws. All impact forces are routed around your Swampfox optic and straight to the mounting footprint area. Ironsides Shield is cheap insurance for those who know their optics will have a harsh life of constant use and (dare we say it) abuse.