- Bullet Rise Compensating Reticle: At very close distances the bullet appears to "rise" from the muzzle to meet the point of aim in the optic, due to the scope's mechanical offset or "height over bore." The BRC reticle offers dedicated holds for 5, 10, and 15 yards compensating for this effect
- Shake N' Wake: Shake N' Wake technology shuts down illumination after 220-230 seconds without movement. Once movement happens illumination immediately returns to the prior setting
- Holdovers: The BRC Reticle is broken down into the following holds when Scope is mounted on a firearm with an optic mounting height over the barrel
- One Reticle, Any Caliber: The 50/200 yard battle sight zero is applicable only to 5.56 NATO and .308 Win calibers. The shorter holds will work with any barrel length or caliber. At under 15 yards, bullet paths have very little divergence, so a .22lr, 9mm or 7.62x39 have nearly identical points of impact
- Astigmatism: Excellent choice for someone with astigmatism who have issues with dot sights
Blade is the mission-driven, wide angle 1x prism scope for home defense and law enforcement. It sports handy Auto-On Shake N’ Wake technology. Blade’s revolutionary Bullet Rise Compensating reticle compensates for optic height over bore at just 5, 10, and 15 yards when mounted on a rifle. Available with red or green illumination, Blade’s etched reticle appears black when illumination is off. Blade is an excellent choice for someone with astigmatism who have issues with dot sights. When you need speed and precision at in-your-face distances, trust the Blade. Some Swampfox optics are intended to be flexible “do-it all” scopes. This isn’t one of them. Every aspect of Blade 1x is optimized for the patrol rifle application. Blade 1x has only one goal: help you master real-world close quarters shooting.
BULLET RISE COMPENSATION
Gravity pushes bullets down. But at very close ranges your scope’s mechanical offset, or “height over bore” comes into play. If your optic is aimed straight at the target at “in the living room” distance, your barrel must be aimed at a significant upwards angle to make a precise hit matching point of aim. Close quarters shooters have known for years that “you need to aim a little high up close”. Blade 1x is the first optic to account for this and offer holds for 5, 10, and 15 yards distance when used on a MSR or similar platform.
Unlike red dots, 1x prism scopes have constraints on eye relief and eye box– the amount of space behind the scope where your eye can acquire a valid sight picture. Blade 1x features an incredibly forgiving eye relief and tremendous 13.5mm exit pupil with legendary target acquisition speed. After setting the fast focus diopter for your eye, shoot Blade 1x like you would shoot a red dot. Both eyes open, focus on the target, and GO!
BUY ONCE, CRY NEVER
We intend for Blade 1x to be a one-purchase solution for MSR optic solution. Blade’s built-in mount means there is no way to purchase the wrong rings or the wrong riser. High-quality flip caps and our Honeycomb Anti-Reflection Device are already in the box. We thought of everything and included it all.
A SERIOUS SCOPE FOR A SERIOUS JOB
Building an optic for the defense applications means our customers are potentially trusting us with their lives when they buy the Blade 1x. We take this responsibility extremely seriously.