- Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone with 3 Switchable Polar Patterns
- Nickel-plated brass body; 10dB pad; 80Hz highpass filter
- Incorporates a faithful reproduction of the original vintage 87-style circuit
- Exceptional build quality with premium, all-discrete components
- Frequency response: 20kHz–20kHz; Noise: -117dB
Their acclaimed compressors and preamps have famously upset the pro audio price/performance ratio. When Warm Audio turned its attention to microphones with the WA-87, they set a high target: one of the most iconic large-diaphragm, multi-pattern FET condenser mics in history. To say they succeeded would be an understatement: the original WA-87 was a best-seller here at Sweetwater. Now with the WA87 R2, Warm Audio have made their modern classic better than ever. Featuring a sleek new design with a rounded grille, optimized metalwork, and performance enhancements that include a genuine Cinemag transformer; the Warm Audio WA87 R2 is a workhorse mic that deserves a place in your mic locker.
The WA-87 R2 is now encased in a heavier, stronger, and larger nickel-plated brass body, and the new rounded head-basket shape adds additional space around the capsule for a more pleasing sonic signature.